International mediation project
One of our most successful projects is EU project: training and society transformation. This project, known as ‘Mediats’ for short, is co-financed by the European Union. As project leader, the Netherlands Business Academy is designer and the guiding party in terms of content. The project was completed in 2023 to the full satisfaction of the EU. The collaboration on mediation and joint training between NLBA and the project partners continues in the meantime.
Eleven leading universities and institutes for higher education from 7 different countries work together in this project. The aim of Mediats is to stimulate mediation in several countries, namely Ukraine, Azerbaijan and Georgia. Mediation is being further developed within these countries. through the project, a mediation register will be set up per country. In addition, an international mediation course at Master level is being worked out jointly.
From within the EU, universities from Latvia and Spain are involved with Mediats. They cooperate with NLBA, where each institute brings its own experience and knowledge in order to jointly take mediation to a higher level.
Participating universities in Eastern Europe are leading universities that already cooperate internationally in various fields. Mediation is not new in these countries, but it can be further professionalized and benefit from the wealth of experience from other project partners. Netherlands Business Academy is leading in this process. Not only do we offer a master mediation, we also have a large network within the international mediation world. For example, mediators from the USA, Swiss, North-Macedonia, Romania, Germany and the Netherlands have been involved with Mediats.
Partner universities and institutes of higher education:
• KROK University – Kyiv (Ukraine)
• National University Yuriy Fedkovych – Chernivtsi (Ukraine)
• Charkov National University – Charkov (Ukraine)
• Ganja State University – Ganja (Azerbaijan)
• Khazar University – Baku (Azerbaijan)
• Ilia State University – Tbilisi (Georgia)
• Rustaveli State University – Batumi (Georgia)
• Universitaria San antonio – Murcia (Spain)
• Biznesa Augstskola Turiba – Riga (Latvia)
• Nachhaltigkeitsberatung UG – Berlin (Germany)
• Netherlands Business Academy – Breda (Netherlands)
Mediats newsletters with updates: